Bernina L890 Overlocker & Coverstitch Machine
One-Step BERNINA Air Threader
- Thread the machine by one simple step
- Loopers are in the correct position
- Threading that is actually fun
The threads are magically moved through the machine via one simple step on the foot control. So both hands remain free. The L 890 automatically sets the loopers in the correct position for the air threader – no turning the handwheel or searching for the right position. Simply press the foot control and you’re off!
- Centrally located Color Touch Screen
- Sewing Consultant, Stitch Optimizer & helpful animations
- Expert Mode or Guided Mode
Stitch selection, individual stitch settings & properties or memory – the touch screen has all available & allows you to make changes while sewing. Advanced users can apply all settings directly in Expert Mode, while the Guided Mode offers step-by-step instructions. Both modes automatically set the thread tension, stitch length and differential feed along with stitch selection.
- Save 100 Stitches in your Personal Memory
- Adjust stitch length, differential feed & thread tension while sewing
- Needle stop can be permanently set up or down
With the L 890 you can change all settings individually and save up to 100 stitches in your Personal Memory. Also, stitch length, differential feed, thread tension, cutting width or any other stitch parameter can be adjusted while sewing. A simple turn of the mtc (Micro Thread Control) lets you modify the amount of overedge thread.
- Raise or lower the needle by a half stitch
- BERNINA Free Hand System (FHS) to raise and lower the presser foot
- Swing out the presser foot to access the needles
By pressing the foot control with your heel, you can easily raise or lower the needle by a half stitch. The BERNINA Free Hand System (FHS) lets you raise and lower the presser foot with your knee, leaving both your hands free to guide the fabric.
- 5 5/8″ to the right of the needle
- Extension table included
- Convenient freearm
The space offered on the L 890 is generous by any definition. It has more room to the right of the needle and more work space height than any other BERNINA overlocker/serger. Sew closed items with ease by simply sliding sleeves or cuffs over the convenient freearm.
Fast, precise & quiet
- Sew up to 1,350 stitches per minute
- Strong, consistent and precise at any speed
- Program and control speed via touch screen
Not only can you sew quickly, but you can also sew stitch-by-stitch, making the flawless production of precise lines and curves a simple process. Plus, you will enjoy how extremely quiet the BERNINA L 890 sews. Program and control the maximum and minimum speeds via the color touch screen.
- For all types of fabrics & threads
- Sew using either 2, 3, 4 or 5 threads
- For overlock, chain-/cover- & combo stitches
The L 890 sews using 2, 3, 4 or 5 threads, providing the perfect seam for every design. From the stretchiest knits to the most loosely woven fabrics the L 890 has the perfect stitch for particularly highly elastic and knitted materials, and threads. Combine both overlock, cover- and chainstitches for extra durable seams using 4- or 5-thread combo stitches.
- One-path threading
- Color-Coded threading path
- Easily change from one stitch to another
Color-coded One-path threading enables you to easily switch between Overlock, Coverstitch or Combo stitches in no time at all. Every machine set-up and operation is supported with animations accessible on the color touch screen.
For more information on the Bernina L890 please download brochure below: