HeatnBond Liquid Vinyl Gel Coating
Make your favorite fabrics stain-resistant, water-resistant and even waterproof with new HeatnBond Liquid Vinyl from Therm O Web. Simply paint on a thin layer, let dry and then iron to create a smooth, protective finish. Create different effects, including a semi-gloss oilcloth look, by applying multiple layers of Liquid Vinyl. Treated fabrics maintain a very soft hand, perfect for any project from apparel to home décor. Don’t limit your creativity to commercially available laminated fabrics. Instead, make your own with new HeatnBond Liquid Vinyl!
Liquid Vinyl may be applied multiple times to achieve these desired effects:
- 1 coat – water and stain-resistant
- 2 coats – waterproof and stain-resistant
- 3 coats – waterproof and stain-resistant with a semi-gloss oilcloth finish
Works best on smooth fabrics. Pre-wash and dry all materials without fabric softener. Please note, application of HeatnBond Liquid Vinyl may slightly alter fabric’s original appearance. For best results, always pre-test before starting project.
Protect workspace with a non-stick surface such as HeatnBond Pressing Paper, parchment paper or a silicone craft mat.
- Paint on a thin layer of Liquid Vinyl using a soft-bristled paintbrush or foam brush; rinse brush and wipe off rim of jar before recapping.
- Let fabric dry 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat iron to medium heat, no steam.
- Place fabric on a firm, heat-proof surface (not an ironing board) on top of parchment paper or non-stick pressing sheet to also protect the surface
- Cover project with HeatnBond Pressing Paper, Press for 45 seconds, moving iron slightly. For larger pieces, slightly overlap areas until entire surface has been pressed. For best results, replace parchment paper and Pressing Paper as they become wrinkled from repeated use.
- Repeat Steps 1-4 to apply additional coats of Liquid Vinyl, pressing after each coat.
Once applied, Liquid Vinyl is fully cured after 24 hours and is machine-washable in cold water; remove promptly and lay flat to dry.