For those who have recently purchased a new overlocker, or those who have owned an overlocker for some time and want to learn some great hints and tips. This full day class is designed to teach you all you need to know about basic overlocker techniques, and build up confidence. The perfect ticket to begin your overlocking journey of time-saving techniques.
What will be covered?
- How to Maintain your Overlocker
- Thread and Needle Advice
- Standard Accessories that came with your machine
- Tension Settings
- Cutting Widths and Stitch Lengths
- Using Differential Feed
- Starting and Ending on the Overlocker
- Outside and Inside Corners and Curves
- Continuous Line Overlocking
- 3 Thread Overlocking
- Rolled Hems
What do you need to bring?
- Overlocker in good working order
- Foot control and lead
- All overlocker accessories that came with your machine
- Tool kit including screwdrivers and spare needles
- Instruction book
- Small pair of thread snips
- Pen for taking notes
- Glue Stick (for adhering fabric samples to your workbook)
Workbook, fabric and thread is included in the class.