Know Your Sewing Machine
Whether you’re a novice or an experienced sew-er, whether your machine is new or inherited, you will learn how to use it with confidence. Not all sewing machines are the same – and because we ask you to bring yours with you, you will learn very specifically about your own machine. We take you through your machine step by step, explaining what each part does. You will leave feeling knowledgeable and confident that you can use your sewing machine on your own. Whether you want to progress into dressmaking, quilting or crafts – this class provides the perfect foundation!
What will be covered?
- How to maintain your Sewing Machine
- Thread and Needle advice
- Accessories (standard)
- Successful Bobbin Winding
- How to Correctly Thread your Machine
- Straight Stitch Options
- Zigzag and Satin Stitches
- Blind Hemming
- Sewing On Buttons
- Triple Stitch
- Stretch Stitch
- Elastic Stitching
What do you need to bring?
- Sewing Machine, foot control and power cord
- All accessories that came with your machine
- Empty bobbin
- Good quality sewing machine thread
- Your machines instruction manual
- Scissors or thread snips
- Glue stick (adhering samples to notes)
- Pen for note taking
Workbook and fabric are supplied for this class.